This is the place where women tell their stories. They’re not invisible. Not just love interests, wives or girlfriends with no real role to play. Not just damsels in distress. These women don’t show their strength by copying male strength, with bows and arrows, or light sabers, or Ninja skills.
These are women, and girls, who live their lives with female strength. With brains and guts, with trickery and imagination, with compassion and friendship, with laughter.
These are women and girls from pre-teens through middle age and into their seventies. Women of all stripes, including an African-American woman of 40, a Latina who went for a ride with the Kiowa out west, and an Asian girl who conquers the solar system on a mechanical leg.
THESE ARE THE WOMEN YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
In the links below you will find these stories:
- “Ararat”: A WWII nurse runs a camp full of traumatized refugee children, and needs to try to heal them before the Army shuts down her camp and scatters them across Europe. Click here: Ararat 2018
- “Man On A Train”: Two detectives hunt for a Mafia witness on an overnight train– one wants to kill the witness, one wants to protect him, but neither one knows who the witness is. Man On A Train 2018
- “Monteggia Fracture”: A hard-drinking housewife runs an underground railroad for the hunted survivors of domestic violence, until her own husband begins hunting her down. Monteggia Fracture 2018
- “The Sun And The Stars”: In 1880 a Mexican girl stumbles into a job as U.S. Marshal in a New Mexico town, tames the territory with her own unique methods, and has a sweet, complicated love story with the local sheriff – who is married. Sun And The Stars 2018 Jan 18
- “Spanner Head”: a hundred spacecraft are chasing a ship across the solar system, hunting a rebellious girl who defied the dictator of the Martian colony, and an intelligent android who explores her “humanity” by launching a war against slave raiders. Spanner Head 2018
- “Penny”: A widow and her partner build the elopement capital of America in the 1930s, and are overcome by horny teenagers, angry parents, and their own love-hate relationship. Penny 2018
- “The Queen of Sodom”: The tiny world of a Kentucky preacher’s daughter is transformed when a gay bartender and a mobster invade her town to open a gay speakeasy in the 1920s. Queen of Sodom 2018
- “The Man Who Built Chicago”: A young African-American mother saves her children as the titanic Mississippi flood of 1927 leads to a massive clash between blacks and whites – which the blacks won. The Man Who Built Chicago 2018
- “The Forge”: A midwife gallops across middle America as a spy for George Washington, hoping to run a few more missions before the Tories catch her and hang her. Forge 2018
- “Exit, Pursued By A Harpy”: A young schizophrenic girl is forced to visit the big city to find a missing mental patient – and the girl is way, way off her medication. Harpy 2018
- “Sledgehammers and Dynamite”: In the 1880s a female reporter shocks the world with her daredevil exploits, but she struggles to find a place in a world designed by men. Sledgehammer 2018